Monday, November 28, 2011

New Silhouette Cameo!

I am sooooo excited! My new Silhouette Cameo came Saturday! Whoo hoo! How nice does it look sitting on my desk??
So what did I make this weekend? I have been dying to try the vinyl and now that I have a big enough cutting area I cut out this 12x18 "families are forever" phrase for my picture wall. Doesn't it look great??
Ahhhh...the possibilities are endless! :-) I also made a chalkboard paint coffee mug for my husband. I started with a dollar store mug, brown chalk paint, and a sponge brush.

I painted 3 coats of paint onto the mug, leaving the top white so his mouth wouldn't touch the chalk part of the cup. It wasn't the straightest paint line though so I needed something else. Back to my Cameo...I opened the  "retro car" design, resized it, duplicated it, traced only the outline, and cut it out using black vinyl. I then adhered the vinyl to the mug and this is the final result...
One problem...he didn't use it this morning! When I asked why he said it looked so nice he didn't want to mess it up! I have to give him a tutorial later tonight on how you can erase it. It IS OK to get it wet, although I don't plan on putting it in the dishwasher!

No comments:

Post a Comment