Saturday, December 17, 2011

Miscellaneous Christmas Decorations...

Let's see...what have I done this week? We finished our secret pal week with a bang on Friday. Here is one thing I made for my friend.

I love etching! So elegant!

Today I worked on some more really cute ornaments for both my tree and to give to my mother-in-law for her tree. I used the clear ornament cut from Lori Whitlock for her nativity ornament idea. But instead I used the cut to cut out pictures of my kids that would fit right into the ornament. I printed the photos on my printer and then lined them up on my Silhouette cutting mat to cut their faces out in the shape of the ornament. I must say it worked out great! I cut 2 copies and then glued them together in case the ornament should rotate...their faces are on both sides of the ornaments. I then rolled it up and inserted it into the ornament and then flattened it back out using a pen that I stuck inside the ornament. I added crafting "snow" and a ribbon and wa-la! I made one of each girl for me and for my mother-in-law...I think she'll love them! :-)

Lastly, I thought I would share my idea for hanging my holiday cards. I live in a very small house so I have to be creative. I hang ribbon around a door frame using the Command picture hanging strips and then I paperclip the cards to the ribbon. It's cheap and very effective. And I must say I think it looks great!



I don't know what else I'll be making...time is getting short and I'm getting tired! Three more days of work and then off for 2 1/2 weeks...can't wait!!!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty. I've never tried etching. The ornaments look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Etching is so cool! I made a mug for my husband with a Ford emblem and his name (he is a big car guy). I'm not sure about copyrighted stuff (the Ford emblem) so I didn't post it but it turned out really nice!

    ReplyDelete