Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Chalkboard Vinyl Menu Board

I love being off from work! Especially when I'm not rushing around getting ready for the holidays or entertaining family. It's been nice having this week off from work after the holidays when many of the neighboring counties went back to school this week. Sad for them. So I've had time to cook and bake and create. Yesterday I made the chalkboard vinyl menu board I have been planning on for weeks. I love the way it turned out!!
I started with chalkboard vinyl and white vinyl from Expressions Vinyl. On my Silhouette Cameo, I cut 12 inches by about 18 inches of the chalkboard vinyl using "scalloped shapes" from the Silhouette online store. When you resize it wants to constrain the shape so in your Silhouette software under Object, Transform, Scale Options, make sure Lock Aspect Ratio is not checked. Then you can resize your shape however you wish. Next I used the "today's menu," "menu board letters" and "chef's hat" shapes and cut them out of white vinyl. I adhered the chalkboard vinyl to the side of my pantry cabinet and then arranged the white vinyl on top. Using the chalkboard marker from Expressions Vinyl, I wrote in this week's menu. The marker erases with a wet cloth. I posted it on Facebook for my friends and one said that I am so organized. Yeah, come to my house and see what I didn't take pictures of...    :)

No comments:

Post a Comment