Thursday, January 5, 2012

Vinyl Wall Art

I've had these pictures in these frames for years. In our old house they went along hallways. Here in this house, because it is much smaller, I made a photo collage wall. But all that was there were the photos...which is nice...but I felt it needed something more. Enter my Silhouette Cameo. I love that this machine can do so many different things. You've seen posts of the shirts I've made, the ornaments, the menu board, the gift boxes...there are so many amazing things you can do. I can't wait to help my kids make valentines for their classmates! Anyway, back to the photo wall. I decided to cut out my own vinyl wall art. Purchasing it is , a) expensive, b) you're limited to whatever THEY have come up with, and c) impersonal. I browsed the Silhouette online store and found a couple of things that I thought would work great. What I really wanted to do was a family definition. So I made my own. It was beautiful. One problem...it was very intricate with small words. I have satin paint on orange-peel textured walls. That and intricately detailed vinyl art DO NOT MIX! It's unfortunate because it was really cute. So I cut the shapes, "moments" and "phrase: families are forever". I love how they look with the photos on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment