Sunday, January 8, 2012

Homemade Morning Trail Mix

I am not a big breakfast eater. In fact, if I didn't get lightheaded from not eating, I would most likely skip breakfast every day. It's not that I don't want to eat or I'm trying to eat less or anything like that...I am just not hungry in the least. My stomach says I am, but my brain says, nope. I have to be at work before 7:15 and I must have coffee as soon as I wake up but I wouldn't attempt to eat that early...it would be a struggle to get anything down. I try to eat a little something around 9:30-10:00 but at school, it has to be quick and something I can eat at my desk in between teaching. I really like the Planters Daybreak Trail Mix but it is so expensive! So I decided to try making my own trail mix. I added about 2 cups of cashews (love them - but you could use any nut), one bag of dried cranberries, about a cup of chocolate chips, and a couple of handfuls of Kashi cluster-type cereal (you could use granola or any type of cluster or bran cereal) to a gallon zipper bag and mixed it all together. I then put a very large handful in about 10 snack bags and put them in the freezer. My new morning trail mix! Since I have to go to work tomorrow (boo!), I guess I'll try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment